TOMOE RIVER PAPER A5 JOURNAL
This product is currently sold out.
I’m so excited to introduce the very first Little Rainbow Moon journal!
I’ve been a journal and notebook fan for literally as long as I can remember. From the joy of spending my weekend pocket money on new notebooks to journalling becoming my vocation! It is literally a dream come true to design and produce my very own journal, I’ve put all my favourite features into this one ‘dream journal’!
THE KEY DETAILS
- 52gsm Tomoe River paper
- 240 pages (120 sheets)
- 4mm Dot Grid
- Perfectly sewn signatures
- Lies flat when open
- Dark brown vegan leatherette cover
- Gold/bronze embossed detail on front and back cover
THE KEY DETAILS IN MORE DETAIL!
- 52GSM TOMOE RIVER PAPER - This Japanese paper was my first prerequisite when designing tthis journal. Once I discovered journalling on Tomoe River paper, there was no going back for me! It’s my unicorn paper! It’s super thin yet deceptably strong. The main advantage of this for me is that it takes wet media so well. I watercolour my pages with a LOT of water and it just takes it perfectly - with absolutely no bleed through or tearing. I love it for writing too, the paper is super smooth and takes a range of pens including fountain pens and uniballs beautifully, again with no bleed through. My journal style is mainly watercolour, collage and writing and Tomoe River paper is so suited to this type of journalling.
The CRINKLE! That deliciously satisfying sound the pages make as you turn them - particularly once journaled on. Another much loved feature of Tomoe River paper for me.
When using a range of wet media on Tomoe River paper - the pages will not dry completly flat, for me this is an advantage rather than a disadvantage, I love the look and feel of slightly crinkled pages.
(Ghosting - this is where the the writing can be slightly visible on the back of the page. As with all tomoe river paper, there is some ghosting. Personally I love ghosting! For me it gives a journal character and depth. I like to actually feel words as well as seem them!)
IF YOU WANT TO CHECK OUT SOME OF MY COMPLETED TOMOE RIVER PAPER JOURNALS, I HAVE SOME FLIP THROUGHS ON MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL.
- 240 PAGES - I wanted a lot of pages! I like my journals to get fat with ideas and words and images. The thinness of Tomoe river paper allows the journal to have a lot of pages without becoming too thick and bulky. As you work your way through the journal, it will gradually get satisfyingly more chunky!
- 4MM DOT GRID - I’ve tried a variety of page styles; plain, lined, grid and dot. The conclusion being, that for my main journal, dot is my preference. I’ve opted for a faint grey dot, which makes it light enough so that when painting over it, the dots do don’t dominate and can be pretty much ignored and be barely visible in the final spread. But they are there when you need them as a guide for writing or bullet journalling.
- PERFECTLY SEWN SIGNATURES - Quality was super important to me, no one wants their beloved journal falling apart! I’m pleased to say that the quality is of a really high standard.
- LIES FLAT - This feature just makes the whole journalling process more pleasurable in my opinion. Where ever you open the journal, it will lie flat for ease of writing/journaling
- COVER - I opted for a dark brown colour for the cover, with gold/bronze embossing detail. My journaling is super colourful and I like the contrast between a simple dark cover and the colourful creations inside. Making the cover non animal based/vegan was important too. The front cover has the Little Rainbow Moon logo embossed in it; I love how this detail adds aesthetic interest to the cover, without being too ‘in your face’!! The back cover has Little Rainbow Moon embossed at the bottom.